Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students of Monty Tech,
Welcome to the 2023-24 school year! I am thrilled to welcome both returning and new students to our Monty Tech family. For our returning families, I look forward to seeing you all and continuing to serve you, your children, and the entire Monty Tech community. For families who are new to Monty Tech, I am excited to meet you and your children and help support your transition to our wonderful school.
As we begin our 2023-2024 school year, our dedicated faculty and staff have been hard at work preparing for a year filled with academic and vocational achievements, social and emotional growth, and abundant memorable experiences.
Our goal is to provide a safe, nurturing, and engaging learning environment that empowers each student to achieve their full potential. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity, respect, and collaboration, where every student feels valued and supported.
Please take the time to review the entirety of this letter and Welcome Back materials. You will find pertinent information as well as important forms that must be filled out annually and returned to school with your child on the first day of school. In particular, I ask all parents/guardians to look for the Student Directory and Contact Information Form, printed on orange paper. This allows the school to identify the latest emergency contacts for your child. In addition, while we are thrilled that state officials have, once again, appropriated funds that will allow all districts to offer free breakfast and lunch offerings, we ask that all families still complete their Free/Reduced Lunch Applications, as family enrollment in this program provides the district with access to a variety of federal funds and support programs. Both of these forms must be filled out annually, even if there are no changes.
With the new year upon us, in order to keep everyone informed, please review the following highlights:
- Student Schedules- While I know students will be very excited to review their schedules, I want to remind all students and families that schedules could still change as we make final adjustments to our overall master schedule. Furthermore, please be mindful that we do not approve changes based on having a specific teacher. However, if there is a problem with your child’s schedule in terms of being enrolled in an incorrect course, then please email their school counselor as soon as possible.
- Get Involved! Throughout the upcoming year, we will continue to offer a wide range of extracurricular activities, clubs, and sports to cater to a variety of interests. I encourage each and every student to explore these opportunities, make new friends, and discover their passions beyond the classroom. If you are interested in participating in a Fall sport, although all teams began their activities this week, it is not too late. Please check out our website www.montytech.net for more information and to sign up.
All families should take note of the following dates as we begin the new school year. Parents/guardians of new students should note the Freshmen & New Student Parent Night. During that evening, after a brief presentation in the auditorium, new students and parents/guardians will have time to follow their course schedule around the building and locate each of their classrooms.
Important Upcoming Dates:
- Freshmen/New Student Orientation- August 22nd & 23rd. Each Freshman was assigned to a session by homeroom groups. Please refer to the School Messenger email sent home to Freshmen families on August 7th.
- Freshmen/New Student Parent Night- August 23rd @ 6:00 pm, 5:00 pm BBQ in the café for those who have previously RSVP’d.
- First Day for All Students- August 30th *Please note that the school year begins with an A week. Freshmen and Juniors will be in academics. Sophomores and Seniors will be in shop.
- Monty Tech Back to School Night- Thursday, September 7th. More information will be forthcoming.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences- Tuesday, November 14th and Thursday, November 16th
The partnership and communication between school and home is key for our students’ success. I encourage you to take an active role in their education by attending our Back to School Night, parent-teacher conferences, school sponsored events, and engaging in regular communication with your child’s teachers and counselors. Our PowerSchool student information system is one of the tools we use to keep families up to date and involved in their child’s education. By now, you should have received an email containing instructions and log in credentials to access PowerSchool. In addition, we use our all call system, School Messenger and our school website www.montytech.net to send all calls or post events that help keep you informed of pertinent information and upcoming events.
In closing, I want to express my gratitude to all of you for entrusting us with the education and growth of your children. I am eager to welcome all students back for the 2023-2024 school year. I wish you all a healthy, safe, and successful year.
Please do not hesitate to contact me (978-345-9200, ext. 5205 or Carlsonemail@example.com) with any questions and/or concerns.
Dayana Carlson, Principal